Introducing another delivery method to receive your Meltwater Alerts - DingTalk! With the ability to push Alerts via a direct DingTalk integration, you can receive your alerts directly into your DingTalk app.
This article will help guide you through the below:
DingTalk Integration Value
Dingtalk Integration allows Dingtalk users to integrate the app with Smart Alerts. With this new feature, Dingtalk users can receive Smart Alerts via the app. As Dingtalk is one of the world's largest professional communication and management mobile apps in China, this will allow users to receive alerts directly onto an app they use day to day.
How does it Work?
In order to connect your DingTalk account you will follow the steps outlined below:
Click on Integration & API under Account on the MW app. Once on the page, click on “Connect” under the Dingtalk box
2. In the Dingtalk App, Under your name, click on Robot Management
a. Click on the Custom box
b. Click Add
c. Add the Chatbot Name, the Add to Group, and then Click on custom keywords next to security settings and type in Meltwater. Once all entered, click on Finished
d. Copy the webhook URL provided and click on Finished
3. Go back to the MW Page
4. Under Group Name, add the group selected in the Dingtalk App and copy the webhook url from Dingtalk to the Link section and click on Add
a. Note: Meltwater advises to use a name that will be easy to remember as this name will be the only connection to identify what webhook is linked in Dingtalk
5. The Dingtalk connection should now be added and shown under the connection
6. To add another group, follow the same steps
7. Once a group is added, you are now able to set up to receive alerts to Dingtalk
Creating an alert to receive via DingTalk
Now that you have connected your DingTalk account to Meltwater you will need to follow the steps outlined below to create an alert to receive via DingTalk.
Under Content on the MW app, click on Alerts. Then Click on Create Alert on top right corner
2. Select the Alert Type you would like to create and click next
3. Add the searches and recipients you would like to receive the alerts for. Under Delivery Method, select Dingtalk and the Group Name created during the set up that should receive the alerts and click Save
A new group can also be created here if it has not already been added via the Integration page.
Select + Add group
2. Enter the Group Name and Webhook Link
3. After adding the Group Name and Webhook link, select add.
Here is an overview of Alerts if you are new to Meltwater or need a refresher.
Need more help? Feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat or check out our Customer Community.
Find answers and get help from Meltwater Support and Community Experts.