Introducing a fourth delivery method to receive your Meltwater Alerts-Teams! At this point, nearly all organizations use some form of collaboration tool to conduct business. With the ability to push Alerts via a direct Teams integration, your organization will receive your alerts in the most modern and convenient way.
Here is an overview of Alerts if you are new to Meltwater or need a refresher.
This article will help guide you through the below:
Teams Integration Value
By enabling this integration right from the platform, you can begin receiving automated, AI-powered alerts sent directly to Teams. Having a centralized channel with all Alerts flowing in will allow teams to better collaborate and act on business critical news, market shifts, trends and competitive intelligence.
Team's collaborative nature allows your organization to act quickly on market movements, alert relevant internal departments in a timely manner and make better informed decisions powered by rich insights.
How does it Work?
Authenticating Meltwater access to your organization's Microsoft Teams channels can be done in a couple of steps. It is important to fully go through all steps to ensure proper connection across all desired workplaces.
1. Navigate to the Third Party Integrations tab under Account:
2. Click 'Generate Token' and copy the token code
3. Open up Microsoft Teams and select 'Connectors' in the upper right hand corner
4. First time connection, search for 'Meltwater' and click Add to connect Meltwater to your Teams
5. Open up desired Teams channel, select 'Connectors' in the upper right hand corner, search for Meltwater and click 'Configure'
6. Paste the generated token from step 2 and click 'Save' [repeat steps 5-6 to add additional channels]
7. Navigate back to Third Party Integrations and click 'Refresh' after you've connected Meltwater to Teams
Configuring New Teams & Adding Alerts
We recommend creating dedicated channels such as 'crisis communications,' 'leadership mentions,' 'competitor intelligence' with all relevant team members and stakeholders included.
To configure new Teams' channels, please repeat steps 5-6 listed above:
1. Open up desired Teams channel, select 'Connectors' in the upper right hand corner, search for Meltwater and click 'Configure'
2. Paste the generated token from step 2 and click 'Save' [repeat steps 5-6 to configure additional channels]
3. Navigate back to Third Party Integrations and click 'Refresh' after you've connected Meltwater to Teams
4. In the Alerts tab, users can update the delivery method on existing alerts or can click ‘Create alert’ in the upper right corner to create a new alert
Select an existing alert and click the pencil icon to edit the delivery method:
Select the Teams channel you want to add and click 'save':
Create New Alert(s):
Click 'Create alert' in the upper right hand corner
Select Alert Type, Configure Details and Click 'Save'
Once connected, any new alert that a user has set up with Teams as the delivery method will begin flowing in to the connected Teams channel.
Need more help? Feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat or check out our Customer Community.
Find answers and get help from Meltwater Support and Community Experts.